Release and Waiver of Liability
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
THIS IS A LEGAL DOCUMENT THAT AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS!
The Volunteer hereby freely, voluntarily, and without duress executes this Release under the following terms:
1. Release and Waiver. Volunteer does hereby release and forever discharge and hold harmless Peggy Beatrice Foundation and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, that arise or may hereafter arise from Volunteer’s Activities with Peggy Beatrice Foundation.
2. Medical Treatment. Volunteer does hereby release and forever discharge Peggy Beatrice Foundation from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first aid, treatment, or service rendered in connection with the Volunteer’s Activities with Peggy Beatrice Foundation.
3. Assumption of the Risk. The Volunteer understands that the Activities may involve work that may be hazardous to the Volunteer, including, but not limited to, types of work the volunteer will perform,and transportation to and from the work sites. Volunteer hereby expressly and specially assumes the risk of injury or harm in the Activities, and releases Peggy Beatrice Foundation from all liability for injury, illness, death, or property damage resulting from the Activities.
4. Insurance. The Volunteer understands that, except as otherwise agreed to by Peggy Beatrice Foundation in writing, Peggy Beatrice Foundation does not carry or maintain health, medical, or disability insurance coverage for any Volunteer. Each Volunteer is expected and encouraged to obtain his or her own medical or health insurance coverage.
5. Photographic Release. Volunteer does hereby grant and convey unto Peggy Beatrice Foundation all right, title, and interest in any and all photographic images and video or audio recordings made by Peggy Beatrice Foundation during the Volunteer’s Activities with Peggy Beatrice Foundation, including, but not limited to, any royalties, proceeds, or other benefits derived from such photographs or recordings.
6. Other. Volunteer expressly agrees that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of California, and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California. Volunteer also agrees that in the event that any clause or
provision of this Release shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Release which shall continue to be enforceable.